Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vienna

I feel much better about trains now. It took less than three hours to
go from Budapest to Vienna and although my giant backpack would not
fit in the overhead compartment and I had to ride with it under my
feet, it was a much more pleasent ride. And getting to my hostel was a
breeze.

The room is tiny. Not designed for backpackers at all. But it works
and it is clean.

I had to hit the bank machine as soon as I got here. I left my bags in
the Livy and walked a block in awe at the potential to blow my entire
budget just on this street alone.

After getting settled I went shopping. A nice multi tone green gypsy
skirt, a shirt to match, a pink sundress and a a pair of kaki colored
shorts. I have no idea where I will be putting this stuff. I'll figure
it out.

I need to mail stiff home is what I need to do. I will do that in
Prague. It should be cheaper, I hope.

I didn't do much with my evening. I had a pint at a pub with wifi and
then checked out another little ausie place. I liked the first pub
much better.

Then I just went back to the hostel, did some Spanish and crashed.

Today, I slept in then went for breakfast. I am having friut with
icecream and a latte, and here it comes, so toodles.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: